Coconut milk is a rich source of Vitamin B, C & E, iron, selenium and Protein. Coconut milk is made from the white kernel of mature coconuts. Indian households coconut milk used in various dishes. coconut oil also used for cooking and cosmetic purposes. Yet recent excitement about coconut milk in hair care has been trending. Coconut milk being rich in Protein, lauric acid and vitamins can be used as natural hair mask. Today we will focus on benefits coconut milk hair mask.
Coconut Milk restores Dry & damaged hair
Coconut milk nourishes dry and damaged hair. coconut oil stimulates the scalp to promote healthy hair growth . coconut milk is useful in preventing split ends, breakage & dandruff. It will provide deep conditioning to your hair any time you use it. Coconut milk strengthens weak or porous hair – it increases volume of your hair when massaged into the roots of damp hair.
Regular use of Coconut milk cream on skin provides natural UV protection without causing damage like most conventional sunscreens .
DIY Coconut Milk Hair mask at Home
1. Coconut milk is a natural product that will leave your hair soft and shiny
2. Mix 1/4 cup of coconut milk with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, apply to wet hair and let it sit for 30 minutes
3. Rinse off the mixture with water and shampoo as usual
4. You can also use this treatment on dry hair to get rid of frizziness or flyaways
5. Coconut milk has been used in Indian beauty recipes for centuries because it’s so moisturizing
6. It makes your hair soft and more manageable.
Coconut milk can be used as a effective hair mask , that can be used as a scalp tonic to recover dry, itchy & irritated scalp. Just use decent amount of it as per your hair volume , massage it gently on the scalp for 5 mins and then wrap it with a hot towel.
If you are suffering from split hair end problem , coconut milk can be used thrice a week.
Coconut milk contains Lauric acid, that is a natural fatty acid which can penetrate your hair easily and leave it healthy and glowing.
The vitamins like B, C and E are anti-oxidant and keep your hair from degenerating from its root to the tip. These vitamins reach deep inside your hair follicles, that keeps those healthy and prevent hair fall and premature greying.
Benefits of Coconut Hair Milk for your Hair
- Fights against Dandruff – Lauric acid and anti-oxidants of Coconut milk fights against the dandruff and keeps your scalp dandruff free.
- Reduces Split ends of Your hair – being rich in natural fatty acid it stops split ends of your hair
We will see 5 different uses of Coconut Milk as Hair mask depending of the purpose for which you want to us it.
Coconut Milk hair mask for Hair Growth
Who doesn’t want dark and shiny hair in this world? Thick dark hair not only looks beautiful but increases the value of a person. So get ready to grow your hair with this DIY hair mask.
You will need
1/2 Cup coconut milk
- Heat the milk slightly and start applying it from root to tip with gentle massaging.
- Once applied fully , leave it for 45 mins
- If required you can use a shower cap
- Next wash it thoroughly with a shampoo
Coconut milk hair mask for Frizzy hair
If you have curly and frizzy hair then you must be wondering how to keep your hair soft and shiny. Natural honey is a very good moisturizer. Olive oil softens and strengthens your hair by penetrating deep inside your hair follicles. This mask is also equally effective for damaged hair.
You will need
1/2 Cup Coconut milk
2 spoon of olive oil
1 spoon of Honey
- First mix all the 3 ingredients thoroughly and refrigerate it for 3 hrs.
- Then heat the mixture slightly
- Apply it on your hair and leave it for 1 hour
- Wash your hair thoroughly and then use a good conditioner
- Do this twice a week and you will feel the difference after 1 month
Coconut Milk hair mask for hair fall Problem
Coconut milk when mixed with aloe vera and applied regularly, it not only keeps your luxurious but prevent hair fall. Apart from that it also prevent dandruff
You will need
- 6 tablespoon of Coconut milk
- 2 table spoon of aloe vera gel
- Few Tulsi leaves
Mix these 3 together, make it a paste in a hand or grinder.
- Take this paste and start applying on your scalp
- Gently massage the paste
- Then work with your hair strands
- Keep this for 30 mins after application
- Rinse with lukewarm water
- Do this twice a week and you will feel the difference
Coconut Milk Hair Mask for Hair fall Treatment
Coconut milk is rich in anti-oxidants, fatty acid and minerals that is helpful for the scalp. Yet another wonder oil , Fenugreek essential oil , helps to combat hair fall problems. Fenugreek is widely used in commercial herbal shampoo and solutions. You can buy pure fenugreek essential oil and prepare this hair mask easily at home.
You will need
- 5 drops of Fenugreek oil
- ¼ cup of coconut Milk
Mix these 2 ingredients and refrigerate overnight
- Use this overnight kept mixture under regular temperature on your scalp and hair
- Leave the mixture for 30 mins
- Wash it with a mild shampoo and conditioner
- Do it twice a week for best results
Coconut Milk hair mask for Oily Scalp in Children
You can easily use this natural yet very effective hair care solution to children’s aged 4 yrs and onwards.
If you see that your child’s hair is naturally oily or combination type then you can use it as a natural DIY home care product. I will like to tell you that if you can mix coconut milk with egg white . add Vitamin e to this and it will become a potent Hair mask that will take care of hair problems in the long run.
You will need
- 1 Egg white
- 5 spoons of Coconut milk
- 1 table spoon of Vitamin e oil
Prepare this mixture in a step by step manner
- First beat the egg white to make it frothy
- Then add the coconut milk to it then beat again
- Lastly add Vitamin E oil and mix them well for 5 mins
- Use this mixture evenly on hair and scalp
- Keep it for 20 mins
- Wash it thoroughly with a mild shampoo
- Use a good conditioner
- Do it once in a fortnight for children and adults